Today, I would like to post a tribute to our old house. That's right ladies and gentlemen....OLD house. We have finally closed on our house in South Carolina and are now the proud non-owners of the house located on Legend Oaks Drive. We have many good memories from our time there (Abby was born October '06, my sister and her family visited Thanksgiving '06, all of my family came out for Christmas '06, Robyn came for Kaity's second birthday July '07, Abby turned 1 October '07, Travis' dad came out Christmas '07, etc...), and a few not-so-good memories (Travis worked MANY hours of overtime and wasn't home much, Kaity fell off of a chair while making cookies and split her lip on the kitchen counter requiring stitches). All in all, we loved this house, but are so excited to be moving on and are most excited to say that, while we do have food to eat and a roof over our heads, we are finally HOMELESS!!!!
Front of house (in winter, which is why the grass is brown)
Master Bathroom
Kitchen/Dining Room
Kitchen/Dining Room
Kitchen
Front of house (in winter, which is why the grass is brown)
Master Bathroom
Kitchen/Dining Room
Kitchen/Dining Room
KitchenWhile I have taken many, many pictures over the year and a half that we lived in the house, here are some of my most favorite.
Summer Sunset in the Sandhills
Daddy and Abby (our little cuddler)

Daddy and his girls

Abby's first birthday
Sharing the pony!

Playing in the front yard (yes, Abby is only wearing a diaper, but I promise I only did this a couple of times!!)

Learning sign language
Kaity's secong birthday, Abby in the Johnny Jumper

Kaity's secong birthday, Abby in the Johnny Jumper
Abby in her walker.

5 comments:
YEA!!! I am so excited for you guys! What a weight must be lifted from you guys!! Now are you going to try and settle down again?? Or is the whole house buying and selling wearing you out!!
So happy to hear you finally sold the house!
Heather Orr ~ We haven't decided yet if we are going to buy a house here. I think the area is really pretty, but Travis is already saying he's ready to hurry up and get to a base in Oklahoma. So, for now, we are renting. We actually will be moving into a rental house at the beginning of the month.
YIPEE!
Hey, I just found your blog through Heather's (this is Beth - your neighbor from the ward who still is cramming her family in another house on Legend Oaks!) I was so happy to see the sign go down and know you were free of that and could move on.
~Beth Bailey
Post a Comment